Monday, February 22, 2010

Fear

When I was younger my biggest fear was always the basement. One of my chores was to feed our dog. His dishes were in the very back corner of the basement right outside the storage room door. This scared me to death I don't know if I thought there was a monster or what in there storage room, but something bad was in there and it was going to get me. I would walk down the stairs and as soon as my foot touched the basement floor I was running faster then the speed of light to get the the bag of food, scoop out what I needed, and poor it into his dishes. As soon as it was poured into the bowl I would throw the scoop back into the bag as I was spinning around and bolting back to the steps. This remids me of The Lord of the Flies because the little kids are all scared of the beastie, which is just like the thing in the storage room I was scared of. The only difference is the beastie lived in my basement and because of it I was scared to even feed the dog.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds really messed up-in a scary way.
    That's kind of like mine but not really...
    I dont know..
    But, how old were you?
    Why were you scared, was it just a creepy basement or what's the deal there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very scared of our unfinished basement and never wanted to go down there until my older brother, Taylor, moved in down there. Then I was so jealous and I thought it was unfair that he got to be down there. So when he moved out i moved my room down there and my mom was like "you won't make it down there, you'll wanna move back up in the middle of the night!" I wanted to prove her wrong so I sat in my room all night terrified to go to bed. I was so tired the next day but pretended not to be so my mom would think that i was tougher than I was. I kept living in the basement and eventually got used to it. But then we moved to a different house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That relates pretty good to the book! Thinking of the "monster" as a beastie. I was scared of the dark, but probably not that scared!

    ReplyDelete